Job Ready Program Step 2 – Job Ready Employment – What you need to know?
The Job Ready Program is the mechanism put forth by the Trades Recognition Australia to asses the skills of Overseas Trades in order for them to apply for various Skilled Migration Visas. The Job Ready Program has four (4) major steps. To be eligible for Skilled Migration, the applicant must have successful outcomes from each and every step of the Job Ready Employment. The major steps in the Job Ready Program are as follows;
1. Provisional Skills Assessment (PSA) – Step 1
2. Job Ready Employment (JRE) – Step 2
3. Job Ready Workplace Assessment (JRWA) – Step 3
4. Job Ready Final Assessment (JRFA) – Step 4
Since, Migration Agents or Representatives cannot assist applicants in Step 2 and in Step 3, we, at MJ Legal, decided to put forth a fact sheet regarding Step 2 of the Job Ready Program to assist and inform applicants.
STEP 2 – Job Ready Employment (JRE)
1. Received a successful PSA Outcome
2. Have less than 4 months remaining on your student VISA, if applicable.
3. Hold or have lodged an application with Home Affairs for a visa that has full work rights and which provides sufficient time to complete the Steps 2-4 (no less than 12 months)
4. Have secured eligible employment.
Online Application Process
1. Sign in to the TRA online portal with the Step 1 credentials
2. Select the Job Ready Employment link and complete the Job Ready Employment link.
3. Pay the Application fee
4. Also complete an Employment Verification Report (EVR)
You have to upload all the supporting documentation for each section of the application. Once all the mandatory fields completed and required documents are uploaded, the application fee payment can be made. Once the payment is received, your application will then be submitted to TRA.
Note – Step 2 and Step 3, TRA will communicate directly with the applicant and therefore, representative cannot act on behalf of the applicant in Step 2 and Step 3 of the process.
Sending Application documents to TRA
Before the submission of your application you will need to upload the colour PDF scans of the following documents;
1. ERF (Employment Registration Form)
2. EVR (Employment Verification Report)
3. VISA Grant Notification
4. If applicable, Pay evidence for the prior employment claim.
5. A copy of your passport identification page, if you have been issued a new passport since the time you applied for your PSA.
Once your application has been verified and registered by the TRA, you will receive a confirmation email.
Then the allocated TRA Liaison Officer will inform you of your JRE start date and information regarding the program.
Additional or change of employer
1. Submit details of new or changing details of the employer through ADD NEW EMPLOYER under the Job ready employment link and completing the ERF.
2. No additional fee to change or adding new employment
3. Complete an EVR for the changed or new employer
4. ERF must be printed from the online portal, signed by your employer and supervisor and sent.
Claiming prior employment
1. Can claim up to 3 consecutive months of paid employment, that was undertaken immediately prior to applying online for JRE.
2. Must complete prior employment section of JRE application and provide TRA with acceptable pay evidence for the period being claimed.
1. Have to complete at least 1725 hours of paid employment (paid leave not counted) over a minimum of 12 calendar months from your JRE start date.
2. Even if you complete 1725 hours before 12 months, you will still be required to complete 12 months employment from your JRE start date in order to be eligible for your Job Ready Final Assessment.
1. It must be with your current employer listed on your ERF
2. Not have been used to meet the work component of the PSA.
3. Involve the necessary skills required
4. Be paid in the applicable pay.
5. Be registered and approved by TRA following receipt of your ERF.
Can be considered if the work satisfies the eligibility requirements. If your work is deemed suitable, you must complete at least 863 hours with a single contractor who is willing to sign your Quarterly Progress Report.
Your TRA LO will conduct a number of authenticity checks to confirm and verify the nature of your employment, which may include contacts with your supervisor and/or a site visit.
You will required submit pay evidence as per the given guidelines and your LO will advise on when to submit the pay evidence.
Skills Progress Report (SPR)
1. Will be emailed to you every six months or as requested, until you have achieved a successful Job Ready Workplace Assessment (JRWA).
2. Completed (signed by the employer or supervisor) SPRs and Pay evidence must be uploaded to TRA through Online Portal Documents Upload link.
3. Work hours will be updated in your online portal by the TRA once your LO has verified your SPR and Pay evidence.
4. Completed SPRs will be provided to the TRA appointed workplace assessor to guide the planning of your JRWA.
Upon the successful outcome of the Job Ready Employment, you will be eligible for the next stage of the Job Ready Program, which is the Job Ready Workplace Assessment (JRWA).
How MJ Legal can help?
Our expert lawyers at MJ Legal has a tremendous reputation in assisting student in their Job Ready Program. For more information regarding the Job Ready Program, contact our lawyers on 0477285789 or visit https://mjlegal.com.au/contact-us.